What is Seafood Week?
Seafood Week is an annual campaign aimed at getting more people to eat more Fish, regularly.
Running from the 5th - 12th October 2018, the 8 day celebrations; ran by Seafish, promotes the variety and quality of Fish & Shellfish around the UK.
Each day of the week celebrates a different type of Fish with a range of tasty recipes and great ideas provided to help your business get involved!
Day 1 - Mackerel - Friday 5th October
Day 2 - Crab - Saturday 6th October
Day 3 - Mussels - Sunday 7th October
Day 4 - Fish & Chips! - Monday 8th October
Day 5 - Scallops - Tuesday 9th October
Day 6 - Langoustines - Wednesday 10th October
Day 7 - Plaice - Thursday 11th October
Day 8 - Tuna - Friday 12th October
How to get involved?
There are lots of different activities both offline and online for you to get involved with:
- Register your interest with Seafish to receive access to their Seafood Week asset bank and to get your hands on their free business toolkit - filled with social media posts, downloadable posters and tasty recipes to try.
- Add new Seafood items to your menu and incentivize your staff to encourage customers to try them.
- Seafood art competitions - encourage your younger customers to design a poster or a Fish cartoon character.
- Giveaways - give customers a free sample of Seafood with their order.
- Get involved on Social Media - Join in and share your involvement during Seafood Week by using #SeafoodWeek across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
As part of the National Fish & Chip Awards there is now a specific award category for Seafood Week - Best Seafood Week Campaign!
The category is open to entry from all Fish & Chips Takeaways and Restaurant who take part in promotional activity in support of Seafood Week.
For full details, please click here.